FSB changed in BIOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Flags

I was having some problem with my mouse scroll wheel so I went to Device Manager to check to see if it indicated something wrong.
While I was there, I noticed that the General tab showed that my Athlon 2500XP processor was only 1.09 GHz.
There were no Yellow question marks in Device Manager.
I rebooted, went into Bios and in Advanced Chipset I saw that it was set to 100 MGHz.
I changed it to 166 and now System properties shows 1.83 GHz as it should.
Does anybody have any ideas about why it changed to 100? Battery, perhaps?

Rukee

Banned
if it continues to revert back to 100mhz, then yes, possably the battery on the motherboard is going bad. See how long it goes working right again before you do anything though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online