FSB problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keebs

i recently ordered a amd athlon xp 3200+ for my gigabyte GA-7S748 , i cant set the FSB to read 400mhz, i flipped sw1 off, and the computer won't give me a screen(manuel says to turn off when running more than 200mhz fsb) and thats where i'm stuck now, i play with the cpu voltage settings, and still nothing...what am i doing wrong. btw, its reading at 1100 mhz

keebs

pc2100 but i have another pc3200 lettme switch the memory and see if it goes...

SirKenin

Banned
I was going to help you, but then I realized you had a Gigabyte board AND an AMD and :eek: !!! lol

j/k ;)

You're not running more than 200MHz FSB. You're running 200 (and hence DDR400). That's why your system is crashing. Set the jumper back to the default setting and it should work correctly. The BIOS will set the FSB speed automatically. (y)

keebs

buddhafabio said:
what type of ram do you have (i.e. pc2100,pc2700,pc3200) this will limit fsb
thanks alot buddhafabio this method worked, everything went smoothly after i put a different ram thanks alot and thanks to SirKenin for answering with your method, thanks alot guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online