1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FSB question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cary1, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cary1

Cary1 Thread Starter

i just installed a new athlon xp 2800. I saw no jumpers on my mobo for fsb. Does my cpu automatically run at 333 mhz fsb or do i have to adjust it in bios setup? my mobo says it supports the athlon xp 2800 333mhz fsb. thanks for any help

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    When the computer boots up, what does it say for CPU speed? It should display 2800+ but a slower Mhz rating; thats ok.

Also if its running you can use Aida32 to see the CPU speed and the FSB. http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

3. Cary1

Cary1 Thread Starter

aida says my old processor and old fsb. what do i need to do to have iot recognize my new cpu? the cpu came with no drivers or disc to run

4. Cary1

Cary1 Thread Starter

nevermind i fixed it. I had to adjust my FSB from 133 mhz to 166 mhz in bios setup. thanks for the cool prog though

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/183941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice