1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FSX - non responsive joystick

Discussion in 'Games' started by orinocle, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. orinocle

orinocle Thread Starter

Last night I was showing a young child my FSX, and all the things that you could do with it. Somehow he started playing with the keyboard and the next time I opened up FSX the joystick movements were not responding in the aircraft. I checked it out by using FS 2004, and no problem, it worked fine, so the connection wasn't the problem. I think it must have been due to the kid playing on the keyboard which made the jostick unresponsive when using FSX. Can you help please.

Orinocle

2. spudkiss

spudkiss

this happens to me alot using my flight stick and xbox360 controller. when you start up fsx keep your flight stick unplug till you get passed the loading screen. pause your fsx plug in the flight stick and wait for a minute for the computer to load it in now go to your controller and see if it is active you might have to select it rather then the mouse for controlles. also add if you have fsuipc. cause it could be the problem as well always good idea to add it when asking for assistance. because it has speacail key and joystick assignments as well

3. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

First, make sure your joystick is plugged in when you start FSX. If it is unplugged, FSX will assume that you don't have one and will not use it even if you plug it in afterwards. Second, it will not be calibrated if it isn't plugged it and initialized when FSX starts. (Note that your PC doesn't work the same way as a console. You joystick on a PC is controlled by the operating system, not the game.)

Go to the joystick settings using your mouse. Make sure the joystick is actually enabled.

Also, calibrate the joystick in Windows Control Panel before you start FSX.

4. spudkiss

spudkiss

i have both and use both on my pc and fsx acceration. i had the same problems i had to disconnect and reconnect. this is a fault with windows 7 64bit. it is discussed on my other forums of the flight sim network. what you typed is common thing that everyone does at first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!