FTDISK Error NR 57

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnO28356

When ever I shut off my external HD (running in USB 2.0 enclosure) while in Windows, I get this warning in Event Viewer: Source: FTDISK, Number 57. I like the site below for Windows errors. Much of the info there seems to come fom Microsoft. So my question is: How can an error message exist in Windows without Microsoft knowing what it means? What do you think- they fired the programmer right after he wrote the code,LOL.

http://www.eventid.net/search.asp

FTDisk stands for Fault-Tolerant Disk Systems:

A fault-tolerant disk system is intended to provide mechanisms for reducing the likelihood of data loss in the event of a failure.
Try disconnecting device by double clicking the usb icon on the task bar, and clicking Unplug. It should display a safe to unplug this device message

JohnO28356

So simple. Thanks a lot. Tunnel vision on my part, I guess. Always thought of "safe to remove hardware" as an uninstall type thing, not a shutdown. Have always had it hidden.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online