1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FTP Automatic Sync

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tarq, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Hi,

I can't always connect to the Internet and would like to find an application that will run in the background of my computer and at set intervals download an entire directory from an FTP server and store it on my C:\ drive.

I don't think that it sounds that difficult but I can't find any freeware apps that will do just the job. I just want it to permanently sync two folders (one online and one offline) and sit in the system tray and never interupt me, just sync whenever I'm connected to the Internet or every so often or at least once a day (start up?).

I'm sure there's a way to set DOS to do this, maybe write a batch file but I'm setting this up for a friend and I don't want them to be able to see anything happening. I think it would confuse them if a DOS screen appeared every time they started the computer and didn't go away.

Can anybody suggest any simple freeware apps that will perform this task?

Many thanks in advance..

Tarq

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice