1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ftp download problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by syxxpak69er, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syxxpak69er

syxxpak69er Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me why i can't download from ftp sites? When i go on www.downloads.com and try to download all i get is hang time and no download. Please help TY. I want to ad that i check all my settings and there fine and i updated and ran spybot but still no go.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Do you run a firewall program, or have you got the XP firewall enabled?

These can prevent downloads unless the ports are configured.

Try disabling them for a start and trying again, if they are active. The built in XP one would be the prime suspect.
    I have just tried the site with Kerio firewall active, and it blocked the requests, the download never started.

3. syxxpak69er

syxxpak69er Thread Starter

Ok realy stupid question, where do i find XPs firewall so i can disable it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!