1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FTP help

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by madeinmagic, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. madeinmagic

madeinmagic Thread Starter

NEED HELP creating a FTP or of the liking to let people download zips n such from my site....yep need lots of help in this area :rolleyes:

2. madeinmagic

Cany anyone help me create a FTP off my computer or a free one from the net?

3. BillC

BillC

Do you have a web site currently? Do you have a FTP client on your computer? If so, you can use the FTP client to load whatever files you want to a directory at your web hosting site and then place a link on your page for a download of the files by others. Did I confuse you or help?

4. madeinmagic

i have tried doing this before and have accomplished nuthing could u send me a Ftp program or show me a way to a cheap one

and i need a little step by step i know about computers enough but i have only delt with ftp once before and had no luck

5. madeinmagic

6. madeinmagic

grrrrrrrrrr

7. BillC

BillC

Sorry I did not get back with you, but I have a family home in Vero Beach, Fla. That is the target for hurricane Frances. Anyway, I use WS_FTP (LE) but when I went to their site, I noticed the free version was no longer available. Worry not, I searched and found a place to get the FTP client to which I refer. You can find it on this site .

They have a shareware version now that replaces WS_FTP (LE) you can get at Download.com . If you use FTP a lot, it would be worth the $35.

I did find another free FTP client called Core FTP Lite here . With either one, you can upload your file and then put a link to download it from your website.

Update: I tried to download the WS_FTP and either the server was very very slow or they don't want you to get it. The Core FTP should do the job for you.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice