"FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marie500

XP Home (installed SP2 recently, which MIGHT have something to do with this?).

Just saved two word docs and a bmp file, all separately. All three times I saw that a new location has been added to the Save As drop-down menu. It didn't open to My Documents folder but was in the general folder list of the whole computer. The location was called "FTP File Locations." It's never appeared on the Save As menu before. This made me think of the file/print sharing control, which is now located in the Windows Firewall, but I don't use that Firewall, I turned it off to use Norton. What was FTP Locations? And is there any way to disable file/print sharing without using the Windows Firewall? (These may be the same thing, I don't know.) Also, in Network Connections, I thought I'd find file/print sharing control there, but now XP wants me to run a whole Network Wizard thing..I'm afraid I'll somehow set up a network instead! or enable all kinds of things..I don't want to create a disaster here.

(My son installed an FTP program months ago for work he was doing, but the program was removed. I just searched for it, it's definitely gone.)

This is a stand-alone, non-networked home computer.

P.S. I saved another Word doc and now it's back to opening to My Documents folder as usual..now I can't find the FTP Locations anywhere.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online