1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FTP problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by big_pimp, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_pimp

big_pimp Thread Starter

I'm using smart FTP to upload a phpnuke site, when i had uploaded the site i was getting sql errors galore.. i've had this problem before and it was down to files having lost bytes in transfer, so i decided to overwrite all files, i'd say about 40% of the files were to small, after overwriting there is still files that are undersized.. as php nuke sites involve uploading a hell of a lot of files it's taking many hours to check each file individually and choose overwrite or skip, is this a common problem with smart ftp or could it be some kinda mis-communication between smart ftp and my server?

is there anyway with smart ftp where i can get it to upload files and only overwrite files of a different size? because if i overwrite all it just does the same thing and make a lot of under-sized files.

or is it a common smart ftp problem? if so could anyone advise me of a FTP tool that wont have this problem, any advice appreciated

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!