1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FTP Program

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by hyler, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyler

hyler Thread Starter

OK, here's my situation.

I have a web site that I need to upload 5762 files onto. They are all small text documents, so it's not a space issue, but I need an FTP Program that I can start uploading these files in the morning and keep uploading all day. Every FTP Program I've tried stops uploading them after while of inactivity on the computer.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are you on dial up or broadband? I have never had an FTP client crap out and most good ones allow for it to continue if it is interrupted or split up uploads into smaller pieces. WS_FTP is pretty good in my opinion.

3. moorsey38

moorsey38

I'm not to sure but the FTP program may have stopped uploading the files because of the space the FTP program could hold, You saying you want 5762 files here check on the capasity the program can use and the ammount of space your using..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice