1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FTP server using Amazon EC2

Discussion in 'Networking' started by shorthead, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shorthead

shorthead Thread Starter

I've been trying to set up an FTP server on EC2 amazon web services. I set up a Ubuntu instance (free option) then connected this to Filezilla client. I can now freely exchange files between any machine and my instance using filezilla on SFTP...

I still have a few questions however..

1) I'm supposed to be creating an FTP server not a client, which I think i've done as anybody can access provided they have the correct details, so does Ubuntu come with a pre-configured server?
    2) Is Ubuntu secure? I know SFTP is secure in it's own right but is this hidden server capability secure?

I know the way these questions are phrased show my lack of knowledge, so please go easy on me..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!