Ftp upload

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vanner

When i try to upload any pages or changes to my website via Ftp, it times out
and doesn't connect. This is using either Front Page, or Dreamweaver...

Yet if i use Cute Ftp, it connects no problem and i can upload.

This happens on three Pc's, two running Xp Pro and one with Xp Home, all have Sp2 installed.
And with or without the firewall running...

The host is http://www.123-reg.co.uk/

I haven't purchased the Front Page extention but have uploaded in the past with Ftp.

Any ideas where i can start to look ??

Cheers

Make sure that your information (username, password, port, server) is 100% correct. That is most likely the problem.

vanner

Yeah, thats what i thought but it's the same information that i put into Cute Ftp with no problem.

Strange

Cheers

Do you have any other FTP servers that you could try with Dreamweaver?

FrontPage won't work without FrontPage extensions, but Dreamweaver should work just fine.

Can you try it one more time? I would re-enter all of the info just to be safe, and make sure that you aren't logged in with CuteFTP at the same time.

Is there a log that it shows when it tries to connect? Could you post that here?

I had a problem doing it with dreamweaver, a techy guy in uni said its awkward to set up. He did show me but I didnt bother,as I would have forgoten by the time I got home.

As Erik suggests its prob just something daft along the way.

I just do it externally using ws ftp pro, it's just as easy

Cheers

Gus

something to try

in dreamweaver > manage sites > remote info > server compatibility try deselecting first box

OR

make sure that in dreamweaver > manage sites > remote info make sure that ftp host field does not have a www. before the name
example: google.com and not www.google.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online