1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FTP uploading problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mukunda, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mukunda

mukunda Thread Starter

I have been trying to upload a file to my ftp server for awhile now... This new connection I have is acting pretty crazy. I can upload small files easily (by small i mean < 100kb), but larger ones freeze during the transfer. I'm getting some weird symptoms, like when I start the upload it goes at like 100 KB/s! I'm sure i dont have this upload speed, (i get about 8 KB/s download speed). At this insane speed, the file transfers (or it says so) about 131000 KB of data then times out. If I limit the upload speed to 1KB/s it transfers for awhile (to around 150kb), then it freezes and times out again. I tried file resuming, but that fails too.

Here is my internet connection setup:

My computer is on a wired connection to a linksys WRT54G router with DD-WRT third party firmware.

The router is acting as a client and is wirelessly connected to a tower (15-20% signal).

I get a local ip address from the router (192.168.1.x), the router gets a local ip address from the tower (then it goes to the outside world)

I tried uploading on two computers, both windows xp, with FileZilla, and other ftp clients. All fail with the same problem (HIGH transfer rates, times out). What my guess is that it doesn't know the speed of the connection (should be transferring quite slow), and it overflows some kind of buffer.. but i have no idea :confused:

any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice