1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FTP via IE wont work

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Toddles18, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toddles18

Toddles18 Thread Starter

Whenever I try to download something that uses a FTP server my IE gives me the 404 error, but if I put that same link into my FTP program I find the file right where it's supposed to be, any idea's?

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

There are a couple of settings in the advanced options of internet options that you could try changing.

One is to turn off and on passive ftp, the other is for the folder views. I have a site that will not display with folder view.

Also, does it allow anonymous access? In the security settings of IE, when you go to the custom level, the very last section is how it does logons for ftp.

Those are the only things I can think of in IE that would affect ftp access.

3. Toddles18

Toddles18 Thread Starter

Thanks, I do remember changing some security settings so thats probably it, I'm at school right now but I'll try these things when I get home.

4. Toddles18

Toddles18 Thread Starter

Nope, that didn't work. I reset everything to default in the advanced menu and lowered my security down to nothing and it still wouldn't work. Any other suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice