• LeechFTP 1.3.1.207

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • WS_FTP LE (32-bit) 5.08

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Other/None

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

User3000

Hi, I am using Windows 98SE and am wondering if someone where could recommand a good FTP software that is perferably not a spywar (does not really matter), a freeware and is good.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
CuteFTP is good, but seems sluggish in Windows XP (for me, at least)... But, I usually prefer LeechFTP and take advantage of it's "SpeedLimit" function tha allows you to cap the maximum speed. It's helpful here so that I don't take my full 1.5mb/s on a single download... I hunted high and low for a program that would do that, and Leech is the only one I could find. Still, for normal, free use, WS_FTP is probably the best choice.

I've tried a few differant progs like CuteFTP but always come back to WS FTP.

User3000

Is there a FTP program that is able to resume multiple times like a download manager.

Brooks

I like Qvt/Net 5.0

I includes several useful products including a good telnet program (much better than windows telnet, especially windows 2000), ftp client, ftp server, mail program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online