1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fuji digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by rease12001, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rease12001

rease12001 Thread Starter

i have a fuji film digital camera 4.1 a couple of day ago i was taking pictures w/o a problem i turned the camera off for a bit and the decided to take more picts. the camera turns on but the zoom and lens cover does not extend as normalplus i now have to take the batteries out to turn it off. the lcd screen reads zoom error...please help

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It sounds like a mechanical issue within the camera. Though it may also be electronics failure that is the root cause.

How skilled are you at microsurgery?

Is the camera under warranty?

3. slipe

slipe

If 4.1 is the Mp it is at least a couple of years old. I doubt it would be worth taking to the repair shop, so you might as well mess with the extension.

Most small cameras have nylon or even plastic gears. They get jammed up more often than they break. Start by tapping the lens cover and lens with something non-destructive while it is trying to extend. You could try blowing around the lens and cover with a compressor.

With most cameras a jeweler’s screwdriver set with a Phillips head lets you get the back or cover off. If you can coax the lens out with the back off clean the barrel. Don’t lubricate the barrel as that collects grime and isn’t recommended.

Maybe a spot of machine oil on the gears might extend the life if you can get to them without major disassembly. That probably isn’t recommended either, but with an older camera the alternative to trying whatever you can is usually the purchase of another camera.

4. wilson44512

wilson44512

im not sure if this will work? but it won't hurt to try. take out the batteries for a day and then put new ones in it and see if that works.

5. bobbyjonesrocks

bobbyjonesrocks

My advice is to go on google and type in the problem. If that doesn't work you should just another camera. I'd go with Amazon.com. They have some great prices on nice cameras.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice