1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fuji S7000 Photography Mode Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by manslight47, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manslight47

manslight47 Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

This is my 1st post; hope I'm in the right forum and someone can help me? I have a Fuji S7000 that I can't get into Photography Mode. Okay, so I don't waste everyone's time let me give you the facts so we don't go back and forth with all of the obvious issues/solutions. Here are the facts. Very, very lightly used (< than 100 pictures taken), never left batteries in camera, never dropped, always stored in case inside home, using same 128 MB Olympus xD-Picture Card since new, left unused about 1 1/2 years and worked fine up to that point. Now, camera turns on at the first location (with the little green arrow) and shows the last picture taken, but when I try to switch the camera to the "photography mode" (little red camera on switch) nothing happens. Okay, here's what I have done. Cleaned xD contacts and battery terminals with alcohol. Installed new batteries, checked the common problem with the media door micro switch (felt still in place), this is not the issue. Ran setup again (I think I did it correctly, not sure, since I'm not sure how to completely get out of the set-up screens). And I have done the take batteries out of camera and re-install technique probably ten times to no avail. I know that it has been said that this camera is prone to CCD failure; could that happen with just the camera sitting unused? I need help big-time; this camera is too new to throw away.

2. Sponsor

3. manslight47

Hello it's me again,

One last part of the puzzle. After I posted the above thread I turned on the camera again, and once again when I switched to "photography mode" nothing happened. But this time I pushed the "Back" button and the lens zoomed out and stopped. I turned the switch to "off" but nothing happened and the lens is still extended with the "green light" on the sided of the camera is still on! Wow, what is wrong with this camera??

4. manslight47

Hey, is there anyone out there?? Can't believe I'm talking to an empty room. I'm new to this forum, but I thought that there would be someone that would have some suggestions other than "change the batteries". I thought this forum had some problem solvers, hence the name "Tech Guy" forum; I'm a bit disapointed, where is the horsepower here?

5. manslight47

Well, this whole experience has been a huge disappointment; will try another forum. Not sure there is anyone even out there.

6. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

By taking out the batteries all the time and not leaving them in between use, may just have drained the built in battery.
    This built in battery is needed to keep all of the settings and most are to be replace by the factory.

7. manslight47

Thanks for the tip; I was starting to believe everyone was on vacation. Okay, I believe on the Fuji S7000, these batteries have to be physically un-soldered from the board (maybe I'm wrong). After I replace the battery, what then; should I re-install the firmware or what?

8. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

I do not know, as all of the ones I have asked about, REQUIRED factory rework. Even the local repair shops would send them back to the factory.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185241