1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fujifilm FinePix 2300_How do I get rid of "My Digital Camera" icon once I uninstall?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jonasdatum, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonasdatum

jonasdatum Thread Starter

Subject: Fujifilm FinePix 2300 2.1 MP - How do I get rid of "My Digital Camera" icon once I uninstall everything?

Hello,

A while ago I brought a Fujifilm FinePix 2300 2.1 mega pixel camera. I installed all the software and drivers and I have the "My Digital Camera" icon appear in "My Computer." The question is how do I get rid of the "My Digital Camera" icon once I uninstall everything?

Since then I have reinstalled all of it again to figure it out. Can anybody assist me?

2. jonasdatum

Hello,

I found one possible answer for my situation, but it is a cheat really. I was looking around at Tweak UI for Windows XP and it had a disabling function. Located in the "My Computer Section." However, there has to be another way if it's in Tweak UI. Can anybody asist me?

3. hewee

hewee

Maybe it will be gone after you uninstall it.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Find the file associated with it and kill it off. It's one of the .CPL files in \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. You should be able to figure out which one it is from the name...

5. jonasdatum

I will try it next. However I don't know what the name of the file would be? All my other attempts have failed. Also, I've contacted http://www.fujifilm.com/ about this issue. Hopefully they'll get back to me.

I'll be back. Thanks. Keep the answers comming.

6. fredman

fredman

RIGHT click on START, explore all users, go into my computer, or the desktop, or wherever, and delete it.

7. jonasdatum

Hello.

I got a response from Fujifilm, but I haven't had the chance [midterm and final comming up] to try both methods yet. I should have the results within the next five days. I'll post them of obviously. In the mean time here is what they sent me:

-Email From www.fujifilm.com-
    Thank you for contacting Fujifilm USA. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

The My Digital Camera Icon in My Computer provides easy access to viewing digital camera images and copying them directly to your computer hard drive. If you do not have a Digital Camera that is compatible with this feature and you would like to remove the My Digital Camera icon from My Computer, a 'remover' application has been included on the CD-ROM. To run this application:
    1. Insert the Fujifilm Utilities CD-ROM
    2. Double Click on My Computer
    3. Right mouse button click on the CD-ROM icon and select "Explore" from the right mouse button menu
    4. Click on the Support folder in the left window of Explorer; click on the "Files" folder
    5. Double click on the RMVFNSH.exe file
    6. Restart Windows

We sincerely hope that this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us back. We have several Technicians and it would be their pleasure to assist you.

Thank you for your interest in Fujifilm Digital Imaging products and services.

Respectfully,
    Digital Agent 3119
    Digital Imaging Website Technician
    Technical Help Desk
    Consumer Information Service Center
    Corporate Communications Division
    Fuji Photo Film, USA
    -Email From Fugifilm Ends-

Thanks for the asistance. Please if anybody suggestions to resolve this problem please post them.

8. jonasdatum

Hello, first off let me apologize for my late update. Quite frankly, I haven't had the time to check this thing out.

The email response I received from fujifilm was correct, but I had to dig on the CD. The file (RMVFNSH.exe) needed wasn't in the exact same place tech support mentioned.

This is where Tech-Rep. said it would be based on the reply:
    D:\SUPPORT\FILES\

This is where the file is on my fujifilm digital camera CD-ROM:
    D:\SUPPORT\FILES\NODIGCAM\

I guess the Tech-Rep ran into this question a bunch of times and did it off the top of his head or he is thinking of the directory of older/other model cameras. LOL close enough.

I should also mention that the "My Camera" icon isn't really mentioned in the "Fujifilm Software Quick Start Guide." Apparently it was something thrown in to make life easier. Even though Microsoft's OSs access the data via USB auto automatically in most cases. It will probably come back up when I reinstall the thing. At least now I know how to get rid of it if need be.

Thanks for the help. Hope this thread will prove useful to somebody else someday. LOL isn't that what web forms are for?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice