1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fujisti esprimo was working. Then lights on but dead screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmk61155, Aug 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. rmk61155

rmk61155 Thread Starter

I have fujisti siemens esprimo v5545 in excellent working condiition . Then and suddenly when I switch on the laptop the lights go on but I have a dead screen. What could be the problem??

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Not an easy way to know. Many possible hardware issues can prevent a computer from actually booting, and thus causing a blank screen.

If you have access to a monitor, connect the monitor and see if you get a video signal. Aside from that, try booting with battery, AC, and AC with the battery removed.

3. rmk61155

rmk61155 Thread Starter

Hallo, thanks for your help. Yes I have access to a monitor. It actually worked perfectly with an external monitor. But I noticed that when the laptop starts up, I can see a very dim photo of the Fujisti siemens logo and later the display is total black. I also tried to use the web camera, it starts but no photo is showing. How can I resolve this problem?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If the image is there (at least partly) during boot, it sounds like the back light is faulty. You can sometimes verify this by shining a light, such as a flash light, into the screen. If you can make out an image, then the screen back light has failed.

In any case, it's a laptop. Most people don't have the skillset to perform laptop repairs. If it's under warranty, have it repaired/replaced by the warranty.

5. rmk61155

rmk61155 Thread Starter

Thank you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice