1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fujitsu laptop will not boot to bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Computerman-142, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Computerman-142

Computerman-142 Thread Starter

Hi all

I have a problem with my Fujitsu amilo pro v3515 laptop. When I turn it on it will not boot the screen just stays black with the wireless light and power light on, i have tried clearing the CMOS, by removing the battery, no luck, and also re-seating the memory module, no luck. the problem started recently when it worked the day before then the next day it refused to work properly. Because it did boot up sometimes but just froze when it was on the desktop or it just restarted itself. I have also noticed when it did boot up it sometimes froze in the bios as-well. I have also checked the fans and vent they have no dust in them. I have also tried swapping the CMOS battery no luck. What shall I do now, thanks

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Here is a bit of a shot in the dark really, My friend had the same sort of issue and it turned out that his power cable plug was loose and was causing bad power fluctuations as it moved around. This kept freezing the laptop and sometimes wouldn't allow it to boot. Have a look and see if the power cable plug is loose by wiggling the power cable around in the back. If it feels excessively loose you could get someone to solder it back in tight like I did.

Jack-O-Bytes

3. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

4. Computerman-142

Hi there

Thank you for your reply. I have checked my CPU and renewed the thermal paste, as well as reseating it and replacing the cooler. I have also checked for dust and there is really any dust. but no luck it still wont work.

5. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Have you had a look at the power plug on the back? or does it do this all the time even when not plugged in and running off just battery?

6. Computerman-142

It does it whether it is on battery or not

7. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Could well be a Memory (RAM) issue. You could try swapping in some known good RAM or use Memtest86 and burn it onto a CD so that you can test the RAM.

Jack-O-Bytes

8. Computerman-142

I have just tried putting in some new ram and it still dosent work, I think the motherboard it probably broken

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice