Fujitsu Lifebook B2630, NEED OS INSTALLED!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redlinese-r

Hello everyone.

This is my first post here on these forums, and hopefully I can assist one of you one of these days...

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook B2630. This is an older "netbook" type computer system. I believe it was manufactured in the early 2000's, maybe around 2003?

I am have a hell of a time trying to reinstall the OS, Windows XP. It does NOT have any internal dvd/cd drive. I've tried using one of my external dvd/cd-rom drives via USB, but the BIOS does not recognize it. It does however have an option for "USB Floppy" in the BIOS. I tried booting from that, but it still does not recognize the dvd/cd drive.

I have tried removing the HDD and installing it in another notebook (different make and model) but once the OS was installed on the removed Fujitsu drive; I then tried reinstalling it back into the Fujitsu to NO use. It "freezes" when trying to boot from it.

I dont know what else I can do to get the OS loaded onto my Fujitsu. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance!

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Try this method: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/578/windows-xp-installing-from-harddrive/

Since you have access to another computer you could set up the partitions and copy the installation files to the hard drive using the other notebook and then move the hard drive back to the Fujitsu and finish off the install.

Moving an installed copy of Windows won't work due to hardware changes between the units, so thats why you want to complete the install on the Fujitsu.

redlinese-r

thanks for the quick reply. However, the link you gave me states that i need the win98 SE boot disk. I neither have that nor a usb floppy drive....is the option you posted after the link feasible without a usb floppy or 98 boot disk?

thanks again.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Do you have access to any computer with a floppy drive? Those instructions require you to use a Windows 98 boot disk or Windows 98 CD to accomplish that method of install.

The boot disk is easy enough to download from a site such as this: http://www.bootdisk.com/

redlinese-r

I do not have any access to any floppy drives, I guess I may just have to find one off ebay, or possibly my local computer shops...thanks to both of you for the links though!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online