1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fujitsu XP SATA drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tregaron, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tregaron

tregaron Thread Starter

I'm trying to install XP on a new Fujitsu SATA hard drive (39T2785 R) in a Lenovo laptop (supplied with Vista on the original drive) and no diskette drive. The problem is that the only thing I can find for drivers is ONTRACK's Disk Manager...which creates a bootable floppy disk. I suspect the drivers are included in the .BIN file on the diskette, but I can't get to them.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. tregaron

tregaron Thread Starter

Posted a request a few days ago; no response. Does anyone know where I can find XP drivers for a Fujitsu SATA hard drive? The Fujitsu website is worthless.

Thanks.

3. The Hound

The Hound

Welcome to TSG...You should probably be looking on the Lenovo site for SATA Controller drivers for your motherboard...If you post the SATA controller brand and specs (assuming you can still boot to Vista and find out...), someone here could probably help to point you in the right direction.

4. The Hound

The Hound

...and once you have the SATA controller drivers, you'll want to read this thread

5. tregaron

tregaron Thread Starter

Thanks Hound,

Unfortunately, the Lenovo site (and their telephone support line) are even less helpful than the Fujitsu site.

Yes, I can still boot Vista. Actually, I don't want to remove Vista...only add XP as an alternative boot configuration on a second hard drive installed in the docking station.

The ATA/ATAPI controller is listed in my Device Manager as the Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF. All ATA channels use the same drivers: atapi.sys, ataport.sys, pciide.sys,and pcidex.sys.

Of course, the X60s has no floppy drive, so I need the drivers to build a slipstreamed XP installation disk. So far, no luck.

I appreciate any help you might offer.

6. The Hound

The Hound

EDIT>>Sorry--X60, right?

The model of the laptop?

7. The Hound

The Hound

8. tregaron

tregaron Thread Starter

I found this one earlier, but for some reason, didn't think it included the drivers I needed. I'll see what I can do to extract the correct driver, build an XP slipstream install with nLite (since I don't have a floppy for the X60s), and give it a try.

I may come back to this thread later if I can't make it work.

Thanks for the help!

9. The Hound

The Hound

You're welcome...let us know how it goes.

10. tregaron

tregaron Thread Starter

Well, it turned out to be a bit easier than I suspected...and did not require a slipstream installation. The Lenovo bios support a "compability" mode for the SATA hard drive, which allowed me to change the configuration and then do a clean XP install. Took a couple of tries because it would only work if I allowed XP to remove the existing partition on the disk and do a complete reformat. Once up and running, I updated the Intel Storage Matrix which includes Fujitsu driver support and then switched the bios configuration back to SATA mode.

I now have two hard drives: one in the laptop and one in the CD tray of the docking station. One has XP, one has Vista. F12 allows me to choose the boot drive.

Thanks again for the help.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice