Full Color

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fevola25

Have an old computer which isnt big enough for XP so Ive put windows 98 on it for a mate. How do i get the full 256?? colors?? Ive been in the control panel and all that but it doesnt seem to work... I have done it before its just i cant remember! lol

Thanks

If 256 color is not listed in the display settings in control panel you may need to update video drivers.

Go into control panel and double click on the display icon and under the settings tab see if it list 256 color, if not in control panel under system go to device manager and click on the display adapter and that will tell you what the display adapter is. Right click on it and select properties and then update driver. It may prompt you for the windows disk.

No bother at all. Updating the driver really should provide you with 256 color.

fevola25

yeh i know!! thats what i thought.. it didnt ask me to put in the 98 disc though.. should it have done that?

Not if the cab files are already on the hard drive. Did that give you the 256 color?

In control panel under display\settings what is the screen resolution set at and what is the color quality set at?

fevola25

its set at 16 colors and 640 x480 pixels.. and i cant move the bar further along either..

fevola25

Oh no have i lost you now?? Seemed like we were just getting somewhere! lol

The Standard PCI Graphic Adapter (VGA) is used by win98 as default. You need to find what video card is installed in your system and get the proper drivers for it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online