1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Full File Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by crispy, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crispy

crispy Thread Starter

I have two PCs both running Win Me connected using a SureCom EP-808X Mini Switch. My desktop was set up first and my wife's machine subsequently. The second machine has full access to my hard drives, but all I can acces on my wife's machine is the My Documents folder.

I'm obviously missing something somewhere :(

Any ideas please?
    Chris

2. chrisbyrd

chrisbyrd

when you say 'all you can access' do you mean, all the folders you can see? or you can see them but it gives an access error?

if you cant see any other folders, you'll need to share drive C (or whichever) by right click on it, then click sharing and then you can enable sharing from there

if its the latter problem then there's a permissions issue somewhere

3. crispy

crispy Thread Starter

Thanks, it was the former and has now been rectified.

All the best,
    Chris P

4. gkimble

gkimble Account Disabled

Yeah, what he said.

Also, get rid of that Windows Me when you have a chance.

5. crispy

crispy Thread Starter

Thanks for the contribution gkimble. I hear a lot of folks saying that about Win Me, but I have had quite a lot of use from it on two machines, and it was such an improvement on what I had before. OK, so it was only Win 95, but it takes a hell of a lot of time changing the OS, and frequently it involves new software versions or different drivers. What in particular do you not like about Me?

Chris P

6. Del

Del

I've used ME for 2 years and love it. Wouldn't go back to 98 to save my life.
    Seems a personal choice!!

7. crispy

crispy Thread Starter

As you say Del, it does seem to be personal choice, thanks for voicing your opinion. I get a little tired of people running it down without giving reasons.

I know that for heavy system use, resources aren't handled too well with Me, but unless that causes a particular problem, why even think of changing :D

Regards,
    Chris P

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice