1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Full install vs upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Toddatmm, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddatmm

Toddatmm Thread Starter

Hi guys and gals I have a question,If you do a full install of xp do you lose anything already on your machine or does it just change the OS?also I am upgrading frm win me will there be a problem with doing a complete install?

2. ian.p.h

ian.p.h

i did an upgrade from 98se and have no problems and i didn't loose anything.

3. Dan O

Dan O

For a surprising change Microsoft recommending upgrading over full installs for 98/ME users. If you have a very clean PC and have not installed and removed a lot of application it okay to do. Personnally I perfer a full install and dual boot. It allows you to have your cake and eat it. While you are resolving XP issues and learning how to use it you can still use your PC. Also some older applications will not run under XP, then what are you to do? An full install also does not carry over all the junk and problems you had with the old OS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice