1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Full-screen programs minimize every 10-15 minutes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Paradox482, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paradox482

Paradox482 Thread Starter

Hello. Every ten to fifteen minutes, whether I be watching a full-screen video from YouTube or playing a video game, my window gets minimized back to the desktop. I've been experiencing this problem for a few months now. I've tried searching to see if anyone else has had similar problems, but none of the solutions I've found (uninstalling AVG, no screen saver) have done anything for me. I took a screenshot of the processes running in my task manager, and I was hoping if someone would indicate to me if any of them could be interfering. If there's a solution to this, process-related or otherwise, I'd appreciate the help.

Attached Files:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Check your screensaver settings. Disable it when watching a video or playing a game.

If using Windows Media Player, click Tools > Options... > uncheck Allow screen saver during playback.

3. Paradox482

Paradox482 Thread Starter

I've already made sure my screensaver is disabled, and I'm not using WMP for videos.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

An application on your computer is most likely triggering this behavior.

Try a Clean Boot procedure to hopefully isolate the offending application. Run it for both Services and Startup items.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice