1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Full System Recovery Help (Win XP 2000)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xIrishx, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xIrishx

xIrishx Thread Starter

Hello everyone,
    My Computer (P4 3.06 Ghz, 2.89 RAM, Radeon x1300 Graphics video Card) got a virus or something some how and it would not reboot and it said I was missing system win32 config, and I could'nt go into safe mode, and I could'nt recover with windows xp home edition, so I tryed a Full System Recovery to start fresh, I used the 11 Recovery Disc (I also have a supplemental Recovery Disc, un-opened and not yet used, idk what its for.) becuase it was asking be to, and the setup came up and did its things until it took a whole day and now I am at the loged in screen and it has a back ground and a recycle bin and the bottem task bar, and the system log for the setup.

Now theres a pop-up thats called System Preparation Tool 2.0. It has 3 buttons, Factory Audit and Reseal. The bottem of the box are 2 boxs I can check. one box is Dont reset grace period for activation, and another is Dont regenerate security identifiers. And at the bottem theres a drop down box with 3 reset shutdown mods; Turn-Off, Reboot, Quit.

It dosnt seem to be connected to my hard drive yet, it only reads about 20gb in all for my C drive.

ATop left of screen is another box:

Last Black:QFE_KB888239_ALL_ALLWW-01 /AUTO
    INTEL_VIDEO_B1_6_14_10_3942_ALL_ALL_WW-01 /AUTO
    Next Block: Logitech_QCMESSENGER_8_0_3_1110_ALL_ALL /AUTO
    (loading bar) 20%

I.ve tryed doing factory on the System Preparation Tool 2.0, and it just turned off my computer.

I turned it on and loaded up to a blue screen saying. Windows is starting up.....

And it went to the set-up again but its another 17 hours, so I pulled up task manager and closed the set-up which said it was only a 1 time thing.

This is where I am at. Plz ask any questions.

Thank You.

2. Prox7

Prox7

It sounds like a hard drive Failure, when did you but this computer?

3. xIrishx

xIrishx Thread Starter

Around 2002, It had a hard drive failure already and we had a warrenty but its not covered anymore.

4. Prox7

Prox7

Yeah, it will cost about 300$ to get a Full replacment from someone, Geek squad will, but they charge way to much, and if the hard drive failed other hardware most likely is corrupted now. If you want spend 50$ for Geek Sqaud to make sure whats going on, but if you dont have a coverage anymore, just buy a new computer from newegg,tigerdirect, or from bestbuy. Your computer is out of date anyways. Sorry for the bad info tho.

5. xIrishx

xIrishx Thread Starter

Well this sucks, are you sure that its this problem tho?

6. Prox7

Prox7

Yes, I am 99% sure, I've been threw about 3 of the same stats computers you have, and always been a hard drive failure, you should of replaced your computer when it first had a hard drive failure, that might be the cause of why it's happening again. Try to get a Quad Core Processor tho, something above Q6000, they are newest to date and there very reliable, but get vista prem. if you can when buying a new computer. But dont just throw your CPU out, the RAM and Video card are most likely still good, so take those and use them.

7. xIrishx

xIrishx Thread Starter

That sucks you been threw 3 computers, what computer do you have right now?

8. Prox7

Prox7

I have a Dell Inspiron I530-110B Desktop,Intel® Core™2 Quad processor Q6600 with 4 complete execution cores, Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost, 6GB DDR2 SDRAM and 640GB hard drive, I got it from a bundle deal recently from bestbuy, its an amazing deal, and it comes with a very good printer,keyboard,mouse,and a 21inch screen,and the hard drive size is amazing, there about 900$ which isnt much, but check tiger direct or new egg, they "Might have better deals", but they ship and thats a pain if something get's damaged.

9. xIrishx

xIrishx Thread Starter

How good does it run?

10. Prox7

Prox7

It runs amazing, its very fast, It hasnt failed me yet, its one of the best deals i've seen, I suggest it to anyone, the 6gb RAM is just amazing with the Quad-Core, you most you wont have to upgrade ever again almost, nothing cant not run on this CPU, and if you cant afford the 900$ I think I saw the same bundle for only about 800$ but the screen is just 19inchs, which is the only diffrence.

11. xIrishx

xIrishx Thread Starter

Well I 100% believe its the hard drive, I got the my computer half way working and I got to the desktop and I cant find the Hard Drive at all, theres only 20GB on it.

Thank You for the help.

12. Prox7

Prox7

No problem, the hard drive with 20gb is the mother boards memory, I've worked for microsoft for 3 years on the Windows XP section, its a common thing for the hard drive to fail, you computer is out of date, I strongly suggest to replace it.

One more thing tho, how did this start off?

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice