1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fullscreen locks at too high resolution

Discussion in 'Games' started by Animu, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animu

Animu Thread Starter

Hey i got this problem for a while now. Not every but some games when i make them fullscreen lock at 2550x1600 resolution. My res at desktop is 1600x1024 so i dont really know how that happened. I just reinstalled windows and it's still the same. I had before and now for a while after reinstall plugged in to hdmi port my tv which could cause this, but after unplugging it it's still the same. It happens with Skyforge and Civilisation V. Both these games were completely ok on full screen not so long ago, and Civ is still ok at random times. Help please.

2. pr0xy

pr0xy

You can change the resolution withing the game. Go to settings, display and change the resolution you want. It should stick.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!