Solved Fullscreen Video Stuttering For No Reason -- Please Help!!

Nemoquodeus

I bought a laptop around a year ago for about $1200, an Asus Windows 10 with an Intel Core CPU @ 1.99 GHz and 16 gigs of RAM. Part of the reason why I bought it was for the ultra HD feature, but then I find after about a month or two of use that there's this issue with full screen video where every minute or so -- sometimes it's precisely every 60 seconds, other times more random -- the screen will freeze for a moment, stutter, then keep running normally. The problem persists whenever I stream thru youtube, netflix, amazon, hulu, etc. regardless of the laptop's battery level. I've updated all my drivers, meddled with adobe flash a little (though I feel there may be more to explore there), even contacted tech support and had an agent access the computer remotely -- but all they did was update the driver, which didn't work. I paid full price for a nice, new laptop; there's no reason it should be slightly annoying to watch anything on it fullscreen. Can someone please help me with this? I would appreciate it incredibly!

Last edited:

Oddba11

Jim
This is marked "Solved" in the title.

What happens if you don't use Full Screen? What is the actual screen resolution? have you tested with a different browser?

Also, Adobe Flash is very likely NOT the issue. The majority of websites no longer use it. You can very likely uninstall it and not need it. I haven't needed it in over a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online