1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fully uninstalling

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hnic_2k3, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hnic_2k3

hnic_2k3 Thread Starter

I would like to know if there is a way to fully uninstall a program. I realized that sometime if i uninstalled a program, that i wouldn't have to enter in the product key/serial again, so this must mean that info is still being stored on my PC (like the registry).

Just something i would like to know how to do.

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    You can't.

Software that has a key or is a time trial hides a timestamp in your registry. If you try to reinstall the software it will read the hidden timestamp or key.

Is there some reason you are trying to do this? Cheating on software is frowned upon by TSG.

3. hnic_2k3

hnic_2k3 Thread Starter

I would like to know how to do it, because i want to know how to fully uninstall anything thats on my Pc. Like i said, its just for learning, all software that i have that use a key i have the key (unless i wouldnt be able to use the program). It was just something that i notice whenever i would unistall a program that i entered a key before (not all programs tho). I was going to say that in my previous post, but then i thought it wasnt needed

4. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    The best and most complete way to uninstall any program is in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. This deletes all related files and registry keys. On occasion some files may be shared or not properly deleted and you will recieve a notice of that. Not all uninstalls are perfect. Sometimes files or folder and/or registry keys are left behind.

5. TOGG

TOGG

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice