1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fun little thought

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valis, Apr 10, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator Thread Starter

couple nights ago my wife asked a seemingly innocuous question; if you could choose to be one person for 24 hours in all of history, who would you be? You'd get to basically piggyback on that person, not be able to influence or change anything, but instead just be able to take their experiences with you once the 24 hours were up.

My knee jerk reaction was something along the lines of Joe Strummer at one of his last concerts, or Ayrton Senna during any Monaco GP; but then I started thinking. Socrates on the day of his assassination? Lee Harvey Oswald, and finally put to rest all those dang conspiracies?

Then I hit on mine, at least; Neal Armstrong, 7.20.69. Haven't thought of anything that could top that, but a few have come close. Oppenheimer after the Trinity test, any day in the life of da Vinci, Imhotep, etc.

looking forward to your input. As I said, I found it interesting. You guys may find it useless. :)

2. poochee

poochee

I find it interesting. I'll have to think about it.

3. brillser

brillser

Nice threat Valis, nice thought, my kind regards to your clever partner.
    I would love to have been Sam Beckett just after he finnished "Waiting for godot" or maybe the brilliant Leonard Cohen, or maybe, like the Pooch, I'll think a bit more.

Peace

4. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

Today I would be Isabella Bird:) on one of her upbeat explorations.

5. valis

had never heard of her, and had to wiki her.......quite the lady, I must say.........:)

6. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

This requires a lot of thought
    but an off the top of my head answer would be: Paul Henderson, Sept. 28, 1972

7. hotskates

hotskates

I would have to say Jesus..... :)

8. valis

hockey fan, eh? :) What about ol' Bourque in early June, 2k1? As an avid hockey fan, I vividly remember going to many, many Colorado Rockies games back in the day; I believe they still have some records for futility standing. That's why it was so awesome to see such a great character as Bourque win it, finally.........and to say one thing for hockey fans globally, the fact that Sakic gave him the cup immediately, and brought the house down, well, that says something. Plus the fact that he took it back to Beantown before it got it's tour in Denver, and that was also good-timey front page news in Denver. (y)

9. valis

yup.....crossed my mind a few times.....but what day? Therein lies the rub. I can't figure out which day to pick. :)

10. hotskates

hotskates

Probably any day would be awesome.....but especially Easter since that would be amazing to see what that was like when he was resurrected........or maybe one of the days he performed miracles, or the day he walked on water....or the day he talked to the woman at the well.......oh, there's so many I'd like to see....:)

11. poochee

poochee

Jesus also crossed my mind.:) But I'm still thinking.

12. hotskates

hotskates

There's so many great moments in the Bible....How about when Moses was standing at the Red Sea and it parted for him to go through! I just thought of a few more, I'd like to see: the world through Leonardo Davinci's eyes when he painted the Mona Lisa! Or how about Michael Jordon during a game....or how about Michael jackson during a concert.....or how about Christopher Columbus...

13. poochee

poochee

It's difficult to choose!

14. izme

izme

Hi Valis..Always the big thinker you are ;)

I found this question very profound and I pondered it for quite some time

Too many to list for many reasons

The one's I thought of were:

Bruce Lee (of Course)

Ghandi

Dalai Lama

Jesus

and last but not least and most men would agree with me:

Hugh Hefner in his prime :D Most men won't admit that

I'll reflect why when I have some more time

I wish you the best Valis..my friend of searching soul & thought :D

My wife Brenda said:

The President's wife...no one in particular :D That has me going...we are talking about it :D

15. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Django Reinhardt at the Hot Club in France with Stephen Grappelli November 26, 1934....(y) ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice