1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fun with fonts

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Nick Scott, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nick Scott

Nick Scott Thread Starter

Here's a weird one.

Old PC, P200MMX, with 32 MB RAM, but only running Win 95 OSR2.

The font size for Windows is set to large (125%) of default font size, and no matter how many times you change the setting back to standard size, no matter how you do it, by either setting to normal or specifying a custom size as normal, when you reboot Windows always comes back up with the large fonts.

Is there a registry hack that anyone knows of that will cure this?

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Have you tried reinstalling or updating the Video Drivers?

3. Nick Scott

Forgive my ignorance, but how would reinstalling the video driver help a font issue?

The only reason I ask is that the VGA seems fine at the moment. I can run at 1024 x 768 in 256 colours or at 800 x 600 in 16-bit no problem at default refresh rates, which considering that this only has a 2MB PCI (integrated) VGA card seems to be pretty good.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Right click your desktop and select properties. In display properties select the effects tab and de-select the large icons checkbox...apply and see what happens.

5. Nick Scott

I checked this and large icons wasn't selected, just the standard default size.

The problem is now history though as in frustration I have fomatted and reinstalled with 98Se so the fonts are back to normal....sigh.

Thanks anyway guys.:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice