1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

function key for volume

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raquibird, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raquibird

raquibird Thread Starter

Suddenly (after Adobe download which I'll never allow again) my function/up and down arrow combination for volume has stopped responding. How to get it back?

Huge thanks, as always.

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Try the scroll lock key on your keyboard.

Don't avoid Adobe updates, outdated versions are prone to infecion.

3. raybro

raybro

I just avoid Adobe altogether and use FoxIt PDF Viewer for pdf files. The program integrate quite well with both IE and Firefox browsers.

4. raquibird

raquibird Thread Starter

Mark, thanks so much - it worked immediately.

Now...on the touch pad I am unable to use the scroll-with-the-finger-on-the-right-side function. What to do??

I appreciate your time.

Manuela

5. raquibird

raquibird Thread Starter

The prior time I installed an Adobe update, all the Word files that were pinned to the Word icon on my taskbar disappeared. Someone else wrote in to Tech Support with the same problem - and contacted Adobe who said they'd look into it... Have you heard of other people having problems after having updated Adobe?

6. raquibird

raquibird Thread Starter

Hi - thanks so much. I just downloaded and installed Foxit. What happens with all my saved PDF Adobe files?? I don't want to uninstall Adobe until I hear from you again.

Thank you for your time. Sidenote: now my touch pad won't respond to the finger-scroll on the right side of the pad. Shall I put out a contract on Adobe? I know a guy.

7. Mark1956

Mark1956

I have not come across the problem you have with Adobe and hopefully Raybro will answer your questions about the PDF files, I doubt uninstalling Adobe will cause any problem with them.

The touchpad problem you should be able to sort out by checking the settings. Go to the Mouse settings from the Control Panel.

8. raybro

raybro

Its been a while since I changed over from Adobe to Foxit, but what I recall is, once I uninstalled Adobe and opened a .pdf document from within the Foxit program, all the remaining .pdf documents changed to the Foxit icon.

If that does not happen, you can always go into Folder Options/File Types tab and set the program to open .pdf documents as described in this article.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!