1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Functions in excel- Help?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TracyAllen, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TracyAllen

TracyAllen Thread Starter

I have windows XP. I am in excel, I have to put a function in. I thought I had it but it is not working. What I want it to do is this....

Week 1

Total

pretend this is an excel spreadsheet, under Week where it has a one, this changes each week.( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ) for the week number of the month. On the first week I want (*) to go to 361.00. Are you with me? This is the function I used, =IF(E$3=1,"",F$7). You will have to take my word for the 1to be at E3 and the 361.00 to be at F7. When I do this function I am at the first *. If the week number is at 2,3,4,5 I want it to show nothing in those boxes. I hope I am making sense. Can someone help!!

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

=IF(E$3=1,"",F$7) should be =IF(E$3=1,F$7,"")
    for 2 make it =IF(E$3=2,next value,"") where next value is the cell containing the value you want for 2.

3. TracyAllen

I tried that too, The Function itself is showing up in the box I need it to go in.
    =IF(E$3=1,F$7,"") this is what is in the box!!!!! I know that Its something The operator is doing, but I don't know what .
    Please help

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Is the cell you are entering the function in formatted as text? Sounds like you must format the cell as "General"

Rollin

5. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

It worked for me.

6. TracyAllen

Thank you, It was the fact that I was set to Text instead of general. Thank you so much. All have a great day!!!!!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/383191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice