Functions of Adobe?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kittifaye

My OS is WindowsXP and was searching for some Photo and Imaging sites and was told that I must download and install Adobe 7 Reader and Adobe Photoshop in order for these type programs to work. I did as I was instructed and it took over 2 hours. So now that I have it...what in heck does it do???

I am still rather new at "puting" and am cluess about Adobe. I already have Adobe 5 and Adobe 6 and updates...installed when prompted previously. Do I need to uninstall the older versions? The newer versions use up a massive amount of resources. So what are they doing on my system? How will I use these programs?

Thanks, kittifaye

Keep Adobe Reader 7 & uninstall any earlier versions - they'll only take up Hard-Drive space.

I seriously doubt you will be able to get far with Photoshop in the 30 day trial period of the demo - Photoshop is the Industry standard in Photo editing, it's also the most complex.

A little more info about what you want to learn or do with images would help us give you advice.

kittifaye

I have photos emailed to me from a family member and saved them in MY DOCUMENTS. I wanted to edit and print these for my photo album.

BTW I have Photoshop 7.0 (discs 1 and 2) which I had previously ordered a while back from "Video Professor" but have not used nor tried to install. I have misplaced the install instructions that came with the CDs. Can I just insert CD and "RUN" or do I need to type a command?

Lack of knowledge, that's why I'm here. I suppose you guys will be ROFLYAO at some of the questions I need to ask, and finally got up the nerve to start. So what is PDF?? and graphics I assume is content other than text, right?

Thanks, kittifaye

Do you have the actual photoshop cd or just the video professor discs?
Video Professor is just a training guide to learn photoshop, as far as I know.

PDF is Portable Document Format, many downloaded documents use the format which is generally view only (not editable) but is universally used by many organisations as a standard means of distributing information.

Graphics is photo images, drawings and as you rightly say, other than text content.

A good simple and free image viewer / editor is available here:

www.irfanview.com

Perhaps even better is Picasa2 from Google.
http://picasa.google.com/index.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online