1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

funky explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bfkelly, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bfkelly

bfkelly Thread Starter

first time poster be gentl
    when i right click on any web page there is an entry in the menu that says "hardcore movies" please help me remove this offensive entry :)

2. Lobos

Lobos

hi bfkelly

Download AdAware 6 181 from here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file by using the "webupdate".
    Then ........

Make sure the following settings are made and on -------"ON=GREEN"
    From main window :Click "Start" then " Activate in-depth scan"

Then......

Click "Use custom scanning options>Customize" and have these options on: "Scan within archives" ,"Scan active processes","Scan registry", "Deep scan registry" ,"Scan my IE Favorites for banned URL" and "Scan my host-files"

Then.........

Go to settings(the gear on top of AdAware)>Tweak>Scanning engine and tick "Unload recognized processes during scanning" and "Let windows remove files in use at next reboot"

Then...... click "proceed" to save your settings.

Now to scan it´s just to click the "Scan" button.

When scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose"select all" from the drop down menu)

Then
    Download Spybot - Search & Destroy from http://security.kolla.de

After installing, first press Online, and search for, put a check mark at, and install all updates.
    Next, close all Internet Explorer and OE windows, hit 'Check for Problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds that is marked in RED

3. bfkelly

bfkelly Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestions but they did not work ,any more suggestions? :)

4. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Regedit is a powerful tool...use only as directed if you are unfamiliar with it....any "experimenting" can leave you with a unbootable system....If used properly you'll have no probs..
    See here for a basic overview of Regedit---->Regedit Basics
    Now if I didn't scare you off (NOT my intent) do the following

Start>Run>type 'Regedit'>OK
    Navigate to the key below (click '+' beside each entry)and look for your offending item in the
    list of sub-keys. Delete it if so
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt
    If you are REALLLY not comfortable doing this; just post back...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice