1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Funny-As* Site!

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by ilusha2, Feb 2, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ilusha2

ilusha2 Guest Thread Starter

Read a few pages though! http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6806/

Like "I got married at 17, so I waited for FOUR years", because the legal age for getting married in Tenessee is 13. I mean, who the f*&ck is going to get married at 13?! :)

2. Del

Del

Nice site, brings a new meaning to the work pop up..

3. Biv.

Biv.

Just lover those popups:mad:

4. safegezaaa

safegezaaa

Welcome to pop-up hell!

5. ilusha2

what pop-ups?

yo, safe, how did you get such a phat computer?! It's awesome. Did you build it yourself, or buy it? Why did you get such a phat computer, do you need it to be so cool? Or just to know that you have a good computer, and be happy about it?

6. safegezaaa

safegezaaa

ilusha2, Thanks for the comments - Yes I built it myself.
    I work as a tech support team leader for a major cable ISP so me and my work buddies are constantly trying to have the biggest, fastest PC possible. Of course my wife would kill me if she knew how much I really spent on this computer.

The reason why I have so much 'oomf' is because I am a 'huge' gamer and host a LAN party every month or so - plus the fact that I do a lot of photo-manipulation and website construction. (Both of those require lots of RAM, HD space etc..)

The 60 Gb HD is almost full (I think I have 1gig of free space - it's full of mp3's and movies) - looking at buying a 200Gb HD

In my spare time (if I get any) I also modify computers, cutting holes in them, and making them look really cheesy - lol.
    Anyway - here's a pic of the 'beast' when I had the GF4 4400 installed.

Attached Files:

7. ilusha2

What is a LAN party? You mean, a multi-person game?

You do photo manipulation and design websites as a hobby?

I'm thinking about designing a website myself, what should I do it about? I'm going to do it about computers, and what I have learned, tips & tricks, etc. But besides that, I don't know what else to write about.

8. safegezaaa

safegezaaa

A LAN (Local Area Network) party is where myself and a whole bunch of friends take all of our computers to a centralized location (usually my company's training building).
    We hook them all together using ethernet cable and a router and play games against each other. The next one is on Sunday and we will be playing 4 games throughout the day.

Battlefield 1942
    Soldier of Fortune II
    Microsoft Rallisport
    Medal of Honor - Spearhead

It's kind of cool to know that the person you just killed was one of your work friends. Of course we eat loads of snacks and drink wayyy too much high-caffine drinks. They normally last for 8-12 hours and we have them once a month.

I make basic websites using Macromedia Dreamweaver and MM Fireworks. I am currently learning MM flash and am also pretty good with Photoshop. You can check out my main website here...
    http://www.davidsbrain.com (Soon to be re-built)

As far as advice for your website, you want to try and make it unique. There are hundreds and thousands of websites dedicated to computers and stuff. Why make yours just like them? Make it a little different.

Anyway back to work....:-(

9. ilusha2

I'm going to be building it about things more than just computers. Basically advice that I can give people, like what movies are good to rent, etc. Like, what I have learned in life. That's about it.

Nice site. I was actually thinking about getting into modding myself. I basically like to learn and do anything that has to do with computers. I just like learning new things. Home improvement, car modeling, anything. I just saw an episode of "Monster Garage" where they made a boat out of a WW Beetle.

10. Koondaddy

Koondaddy

11. Koondaddy

Koondaddy

Does anyone know where to get templates & graphics for Photosuite v. 8.1? I have not been able to find anything yet.

Thanks for you help!

12. chungaroo

chungaroo

what??? no counter-strike?? thats the best game for any lan. hehehe

13. Rockn

Rockn

How does this rate as a tip or a trick? And what was with that site. All the pop ups made it impossible to read it. And Tipper Gore?? What the hell is that? Al Gore's zombie wife.....who cares.

14. ilusha2

I didn't have any popups, WebWasher must have been on.

15. colman77

colman77

sorry, but counter-strike doesn't have anything on bf1942:)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice