Funny dots on my screen?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Haggisinlondon

I have a GEforce 2 Pro 64MB card in my machine. It has been running well for since I got it about 4 months ago. lately however I notice specs on the screen come and go and also some degredation of the graphics. If I refresh the screen it clears but slowly comes back? I thought maybe it was the drivers for my graphics card, but then noticed that when the machine powrs up and shows the device screen, before the operating system even starts loading there is sometimes a red cell or some coloured block on the screen.

I reseated my graphics card and checked the fan is running?

Any ideas on the cause? or solution?

thanks
haggis

How old is your monitor? and how old was the graphics card before you put it in? This does not seem to be a software error but a hardware error.

Haggisinlondon

The card and monitor were brand new. They are about 4 months only. They are a LG Flatron screen and a Leadtek geforce 2 pro 64mb card.

Brooks

Do you have access to a different monitor? Try it. Also, try that monitor in a different computer. This sounds like the monitor might have some circuitry going bad. Flat Panels can display symptoms similar to card problems, but the problems are in the monitor.

The spots sound like the lcd's are loosing thier charge slowly over time, but once you refresh, they are recieving a new charge and are returning to normal for a time. This is not normal.

I would contact LG and talk with thier tech support. Since it is only 4 months old, it should still be under warranty.

http://www.lge.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online