1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Funny noise coming from tower

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kj_slid, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kj_slid

kj_slid Thread Starter

I need some help from someone. I need to know what this noise could be that is coming from the tower. It sounds like it's coming from the front. I noticed it yesterday. I was taking a nap when I was woke up by this clicking noise. I saw that it was coming from the inside of my tower. I also saw that my computer was froze. I turned off the computer for a while, then later I got back on it to check e-mail. I left my computer for a few minutes to see that it started making the same noise again. It was once again froze. I turned my computer off. I was gone a while. I came back home and my friend played a game for a while and then I returned to my computer to talk to a friend, while we were chatting, the noise began again. My computer was freezing a bit. It was late, I called it a night. I've barely had my computer on today so it hasn't done it. I was wondering what might be the problem. Thanks to anyone that can help.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Either the hard drive or perhaps the power supply.

You need to open the case and figure out which one.

3. xgerryx

xgerryx

Don't want to scare you but it might be an idea to make a backup of all your important stuff while you still can.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Ahhhh, the click "O" death. Open the case and put a screwdrivers tip on your hard drive. Put your ear to the handle end of the screwdriver. Is the click inside your head now?

If so, buy a hard drive immediately.;)

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

7. mdvaden

mdvaden

What really threw me off gaurd one time, was the little battery for the little clock or whatever it was on the mother board. Froze up the works. I'm not sure if those are still used.

What really sounds nasty is when a fan starts to go, but that should not freeze the computing operation.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice