1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Funny right-click menu in My Computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jasontan6, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jasontan6

jasontan6 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have no idea when exactly this began happening, or what I did which caused this. Take a look at attached screenshot please.

Anyone able to help? I really dont want to go thru a reinstall again.

Attached Files:

2. drumster

drumster

something like this happened on one of my removable drives. It had a virus on it and I had to format it. Now I'm not sure why this is happening on your C Drive, but there's likelihood of ur drive having a virus on it.

3. jasontan6

jasontan6 Thread Starter

ok, will scan once for virus and malware. Any other suggestions in the mean time?

4. jasontan6

jasontan6 Thread Starter

Scanned for viruses and malware - nothing. Any help?

5. jasontan6

jasontan6 Thread Starter

Okay,

Found 7 different types of files named autorun at the root of both partitions. Here's the list:
    • autorun.bat
    • autorun.bin
    • autorun.inf
    • autorun.reg
    • autorun.txt
    • autorun.vbs
    • autorun.wsh
    All of these have Read-Only, Hidden, and System file attributes. Whenever I delete them manually, they will appear again on their own.

Please, help.

6. Cannar Wilm

Cannar Wilm

I'm also experiencing this problem. I'm convinced this is virus based but despite doing all the usual things (turning off sys restore - booting in safe mode) etc I don't seem to be able to rectify the problem. Might it be that my system has been damaged by a virus which has subsequently been removed leaving just the damage behind?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice