1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Future US Presidential Candidates

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by LANMaster, Feb 7, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned Thread Starter

In response to the "Bring Back What Past President" thread (which is a fantastic thread) I'd like to know 3-5 possible candidates that you'd like to see run for the U.S. Presidency in the future. [/b Doesn't have to be the next election. Just 3-5 good, honorable people that you think may be a positive force in the big chair. They may not even want to be a candidate. It can be anyone, including Mulder or plschwartz if that's what you believe. But they cannot have been a past President.
    And PLEASE try to keep this as positively toned thread as possible. - Thanks!
    :)

Here's 5 from me;
    No particular order

Sen. Bill Frist - Republican
    Somewhat fresh on the political scene, but he seems like a good and honest person.
    Sec. of State Colin Powell - Republican (Unannounced)
    I think it is safe to call him Republican but I think he has avoided claming a party affiliation. He is one of the most honorable men in the country today. He would put America's interests above his own without a second thought. It would be good to see a black man of his caliber in the big chair.
    Sen. Joseph Lieberman - Democrat
    Yup, I'd vote for him against SOME Republicans. His decency and intelligence are positives. He doesn't seem afraid to keep an open mind and will put American interests at the front of his agenda.
    Sen. John McCain - Republican
    Great Senator, Great candidate for Prez. Honest, Patriotic, Reliable.
    Sen. Elisabeth Dole - Republican
    Much like Bob Dole, but far more electable. Would make a great first female Prez.

Those are mine, I welcome the chance to see yours.

2. smile88

smile88 Guest

Powell is a good choice.
    I would have to research the others to make any comments..

I remember that many pilot and aviation groups were disatifisfied with E. Dole when she was Sec of Transportation. Personally, I don’t think a woman should be Pres. And this comment is made from an accomplished woman who used to fly. Based on 25 years of work experience – woman are the more emotionally unstable, more prone to make decisions based on jealousy, etc. Esp if they have weight problems or poor personal relationships. Overall, I think it is a job for a man, and this statement is based on what I’ve observed and how I’ve been treated.

Or should I include Hillary... to make a few people sick? (just kidding !) :D

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Can I write in a choice? DiNeurococopuff. :D

4. columbo

columbo

Ralph Nader? :D :D :D :D :D :D

That would be interesting to say the least.

5. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

ROFLMAO!!! Now that's priceless!!! :D :)

6. BTex

BTex

J.C. Watts
    Mr Powell
    Sean Hannity
    Mr. Frist
    My Dad

Wouldnt never make it Steve Forbes Flat tax thing Intrigues me

7. LANMaster

I like your choices. I was thinking of making my Dad one of the choices too.:D

8. LANMaster

Amazing!

I started this thread to give people a chance to say who they might support for Prez. It didn't even have to be a politician.

Only one was up to the challenge of naming 5 possibles. Thanks BTEX.

I expected some on the political left would at least have someone to nominate, since they're so good at criticizing.

The hypocracy is enlightening.

I guess its just a whole lot easier to sling negative remarks around at the sitting Prez. than it is to SPEAK UP for YOUR CANDIDATE.

I'm very disappointed this thread didn't get more replies, considering how many viewed it.

Sad, just a shame.

9. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

You threw down the gauntlet, so here goes:

Rep

Hilary Rodham Clinton

Sheila Jackson Lee

Howard Dean

Colin Powell

10. Mulderator

Mulderator

You have got to be kidding me!!!!

11. angelize56

Bruce: Just think if we all campaigned for Rep and our friends did the same and their friends and.....President Rep! :) How much worse could he be than any other president! :) Take care. Marlene

12. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

LOL ... we'd all be able to go have coffee at the White House anytime we wanted, too! :D :)
    Just don't try 'n offer me a cigar buddy! :)

13. angelize56

Kath you're shameless!!! :D

14. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

:eek: Me? Nu uh! :D

15. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

From what I know of Rep, he'd probably offer you Milwaukee's finest. Afterall, he has the endorsement of the Wisconsin Tavern Owners. Wouldn't suprise me if he threw in some cheese brats either:) :cool:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice