1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fuzzy External Monitor - Laptop Monitor ok

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mylesw93, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mylesw93

mylesw93 Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I have an external Envision flatscreen monitor that I have been using attached to my laptop for around a year. I have the monitor displaying on both laptop and the external Monitor. Just recently I had a pc issue which I have rectified and my external monitor since rectifying that issue now displays fuzzy. What can I troubleshoot to find out my issue. I've reviewed the Graphics and Display Properties. It is currently sitting at 1024 by 768, Color: True Color and Refresh 60HZ. The odd thing is that when I am in Display Properties, Settings tab, the left monitor in top is black (this should be my laptop) and the right monitor in the pic, which should be my external monitor is gr3y. When I have pressed on the black monitor, and press Identify it indicates 1. When I press on the grey monitor and press identify, it says it is not active, although I do have an image on my external monitor (fuzzy image). When I click the arrow on 'Extend my Windows Desktop this monitor' the right monitor then is black and when I press on it and press 'Identify' it says it is 1 as well. Is this correct. I know this has nothing to do with the fuzziness but still thought I might see if this is an issue or not.
    When I right click on my desktop and go into Graphics Properties - I just get confused as to what this is all about. When I go into Display Tab the Monitor is checked, I can check on any of the others i.e. Notebook, Intel Dual display clone or Extended Desktop. Regardless of what I check, or modify, the external Monitor is always fuzzy and always displays, unless I press the button and turn it off.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Pat

2. mylesw93

mylesw93 Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that I did hook up this monitor to another laptop and it was no longer fuzzy and worked great.

Pat

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What it the native resolution of that monitor? If it's a 1280x1024 monitor, it will look lousy unless it runs at that resolution.

4. mylesw93

mylesw93 Thread Starter

Thanks Johnwill. I messed around with the Output to and the resolution (native is 1280 X1024) and finally fixed it.

Again thanks.:)

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Glad it was an easy fix. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/451862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice