1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fuzzy Screen...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sifter, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

Hi all.......

Havnt been here for a wile.....My problem at the moment is this...I re installeda win 98 _SE on my pc including the drivers etc..I reinstalled the Graphics card drivers the latest from Nvidia, once I had done all that I tweaked my settings for my graphi card and put the adapter on a refresh rate of 70 Hz and when I re booted I got a fuzzy screen. I have tried re storing it by playing around with the refresh rate ect ...re installed the graphic card driver but still no joy..Ive even tried playing around with the screen or monitor controls but still no joy...I have a feeling that I may have done somin to my Monitor ie internall damage..The fuzzy screen is not really bad but if you look at it for a long length of time it will make you sea sick..OH..

So any one got any ideas as to a solution or is it a new monitor..I have the LG studio woks 775 n 17 inch....

Speak later...your friend sifter....

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Do you have a fuzzy screen in Safe Mode? In SAfe Mode you are using VGA and not the Video Card. TRy it. If it is clear, then something else is going on. If it's fuzzy you have a Monitor problem.

If it is clear in Safe Mode, try removing the Video from Device Manager under Display Adapters. REmove any duplicates in there if they exist. REboot to windows and let It recognize and install the Video Card Software. You may need your install for that or to point windows to the correct drivers if you have them on the hard drive somewhere. (Although I would go with the original Drivers and see if that clears it up.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice