1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FX NVIDIA 5200 Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silverado4, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

Why can't I find where my 3d and open gl settings are? I see everything else, but I can see these. According to the book, they should be there. I've downloaded the newest drivers from nvidia. This is a new card to a newly built pc. 256 mb.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    They should be in Display Properties in Control Panel. Open up Display, then click on Settings, then click on the Advanced Button. Then you should see your settings. If they are not there its becuase the driver is not correctly installed or the AGP Acceleration is turned Off on that Advanced page.

3. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

I have the 5200 display settings in the control panel, but I don't see where the 3d setting is. I see the open gl driver, its loaded, but can't I control it? Also, can't I control the 3d effect? I downloaded the "dawn" demo from nvidia and its in 3d, works good, but according to the book, I should have a control that I can see a 3d control somewhere. I guess I'm confused.... I have a 5200 fx tab in control panel/display/advanced.

4. Kyle015

Kyle015

You can't "control" an open gl driver. The system does. It sounds like you need a new GeForce driver. Get it off their website or get it off www.driverguide.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/296762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice