1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FX5600 Graphics Card Problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AntRules, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AntRules

AntRules Thread Starter

Ok, just built a new computer, and installed mobo, sound card, ect..... no problems. So i booted up the new computer and the graphics on the screen were white horizontal lines, then changing colours to red blue and white. I figured it was a graphics problem, so i switched from AGP to PCI. Everything from the PCI card is fine, but it is a very old and slow card, so i want to use my FX 5600. Anyway, i thought it might be the AGP slot on the mobo, so i tried another card in the AGP slot, and again, it worked, so i know its the graphics card, but i'm not sure whats wrong with it. Maybe any of you guys and gals can help. Any help or ideas would be great. Many thanks, Ant

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Well as you have found out by elimination that it is the Video card then I would return it from where it came...........could be a number of things wrong with it but to speculate what is it another matter.

3. AntRules

AntRules Thread Starter

Sorry, should have noted that i have had this card for about a year now, so its past its warranty. The funny thing is, the card was working fine in the old computer i took it from. Its an MSI nVidia FX5600 256MB DDR.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood.....

Have you tried it back in your old PC and see how it acts.

5. AntRules

AntRules Thread Starter

Good point. You would have thought i would have done that first. lol. Ok, i will try that now and report. Thanks.

6. AntRules

AntRules Thread Starter

Well, it works ok in the other computer. Sort of. It still has some lines, but i can slightly make out some of whats happening on screen. So, Its the card, and i am now a little wiser. So, any suggestions, other then changing the card (i will do that only as a last resort)

7. bonk

bonk Banned

Re install the drivers for it....check on the manufactures site for any update drivers for it.

I notice that it has a fan on it....have you seen it spinning?

8. AntRules

AntRules Thread Starter

Well, the fan on the card is spinning and is working fine (i.e no noise, running at normal speed). But as the computer boots and i get the white lines, i cannot get to the internet to get the drivers as i cannot see.

9. bonk

bonk Banned

Use your old card for now and get any updated drivers for it ...in fact get the drivers even if their not updated from the manufactures site.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice