FX5700 making weird fan sounds when booting.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nickelodeon

hey,

I have had my FX5700 for about 6 months now and ive noticed in the past month or so for some reason the fan makes loud dodgey sounds coming from the fan on the video card but when I login the sound goes away. This doesnt sound like anything I should be worried about but just in case should I be worried?

Isn't the 5700 the one with the 'leaf blower' fan?

It could just be the fan warming up. Since it is so large.

My old(7 years) HD makes really louse noises at first when the computer has been off for a while but then it quiets down.

nickelodeon said:
but just in case should I be worried?

You should always be afraid....very afraid :eek:

You're not Paranoid....everyone is against you :eek: :eek:

nickelodeon

blazing have you tried defraging your HDD because that sometimes fixes the sound.
Whats a leaf blower fan? The exact type of VC is GeForce FX5700LE

Winbob your confusing me!!!!

this happens when the fan motor takes on damage

when you turn the pc on, the fan makes a loud noise and if you touch around the area of the card, you will feel the case vibrating

then after a few secinds, the noise stops and the fan runs normal

normally the pc it's self can stop the noise by controlling the power to it.

on a video card, the fan rpm goes up as the video card heats up. sometimes the video card will not pick up the correct temperatures until after a few seconds so the fan will run at a really high speed.

there devices that can pick up rpms

i used it before, but i cant remember the name ( it is a hand eld device that you aim at a spinning object and in about 2 seconds it will tell you the RPM)

if you have a voltmeter you will see the power spikes when the fan is making the noise.

You could also try making sure the fan is clean and oiled. I had a similar problem with my video card a while back, Gave it a shot with compressed air and it's been fine since.

nickelodeon

so you say its damaged will it get worse or am I playing games under its maximum performance?. Do you think I can get it replaced under warenty

nickelodeon

oh yeh btw this doesnt hapen every time it unlikly when I turn my computer on that it will make that sound.

My friend said it cpould be the fan itsnt straight but then straightens up when I login

as far as the warranty goes, it depends where you got it from. After 6 months i would doubt that you still have a warranty on that thing, but its possible. I really have never had any experience with problems on Fans and such but for me i would try to get a can of compressed air and spray it all out. If that doesnt help...well then ill leave it to the experts ;-)

Just that, get a can of compressed air (dust remover) and spray the dust out of the fan.

You say it doesn't always happen, are there any patterns relating time left off and fan making noise?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts