1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

G mail & facebook disappeared.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by docusk, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

Up till today, I used to see on the google toolbar both Facebook and my G mail a/c which came up with a single click on the tab. Now when Firefox starts up neither of these items is available to me. I can get at G mail from the gooogle search (rather long winded) but whatever I try for facebook, I see my screen as a fleeting image then it's gone.
    I use facebook a lot to keep up with my family and of course G mail is quite important. What has happened? The only thing new on the PC as of today is BearShare which seems to be working fine.
    Should I leave Firefox and go with Internet Explorer? It's a blessed nuisance as things are.
    Also, I used to get a spell checker tab. How do I get that back? It's probably me done something stupid again.
    docusk.

2. buffoon

buffoon

3. buffoon

buffoon

sorry, overlooked the missing spell checker.

Go to the same spanner icon, click options, select tools, tick ABC spell check

4. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

Luvly jubbly. That's fine only problem is that ruddy paisley pattern behind the tools gets me down. Don't know how to get rid of that do you?.
    My old eyes aren't as good as they used to was.
    BUT Thanks a lot for the advice, spot on as per Tech Guy usual!
    docusk

5. buffoon

buffoon

Not quite sure what THAT (your) problem is. Do you have FF on a differen theme`? If so, go to Tools in the top bar, select Add-ons, select themes, go to the default theme and click "Use theme". That should get you a plain page.
    Yeah, tell me about it.:)
    We do but try. You're welcome:)

6. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

Buffoon:-
    That may be your 'handle' but it 'ain't you! Got it in one sec flat!
    Thanks again. docusk

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!