1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

G mail won't pin to taskbar or desktop

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jozo, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jozo

jozo Thread Starter

Every time I wake up to a Windows update, something goes nuts with my computer. Always have issues with the Chrome startup tabs. I use 4 and doubles show up after the update, then triples the next time I click & so on.

I do the startup procedure in settings with no luck. Googled it and a lot of people have the same frustration. Ended up doing a reset and then setting up the tabs I want on startup.

Anyway, now, my Gmail is one of the startup tabs and I can't pin it to the taskbar or desktop. When I click the G mail icon, all I get is a new page tab. If I right click on the gmail tab and select pin, it pins it to the far left of the tabs.

My wife thinks this is a security thing, but I'm not sure.

I suppose I can live with having my gmail on the start up tabs, but would like to pin them to taskbar & desktop

Any help appreciated

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You need to tell us more about your system, i.e., Windows version , RAM, and disk space?

Also the steps you take to do these "startup procedure in settings" and method of adding to the taskbar and desktop?

I am NOT a Chrome user.

3. jozo

jozo Thread Starter

I'm running Windows 7 and have 392 GB of free disc space. Not sure about RAM, how do I find that out?

Thanks

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice