1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

G3 Imac temperperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by applecrisp, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. applecrisp

applecrisp Thread Starter

Hey does anybody know the max running temperature of an old 266 imac because I put a western digital 160gb hard drive in mine and I think it might be runnin a little hot. the drive is 7200 Rpm but I heard the controller should tone that down to whatever it can handle. but main question is about temperature. and then how I could cool it

2. GripS

GripS

Good luck. Very few people run Mac's especially one as old as yours is. I would suggest visiting Apple and check out some tech doc's on thermal specs.

As for what's in your sig. The reason why Apple switched to Intel was because the IBM power pc proccessors ran too hot. I know some people that swear by apple and they may be on the rebound with this recent switch. I used to own a powerbook. Found i was having a hard time with compatibility and switched to PC's. Apple had dug it's own grave using proprietary hardware and software. I think the i-pod is the main reason why they are still in business.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!